Just finished my Onkyo SE-90PCI mod yesterday. Haven’t tested it yet, maybe later… Don’t have enough time 🙂
Before the mod:
After the mod:
I used various capacitors in this project:
- BlackGate F Series in main supply.
- Rubycon ZL in DAC supply (upgraded from 330uF to 470uF)
- Elna RBP2 in op-amp supply
- BlackGate NX Hi-Q in DAC->op-amp coupling
- SideRealKap in op-amp->output coupling
- Some Rubycon ZA and Elna Cerafine (non-polar) in other sections
I decided not to change the op-amps (yet). Would try it and made sure I didn’t make any mistake 😉 My target was to use AD825 with SMD->DIP back-to-back adapter. Would see how did this “monster” perform before I decided to upgrade the op-amp.