Posted on Monday, 28th May 2007 by Auw Jimmy
Last week (last Saturday, 26 May 2007), Indonesian audio DIY community held a blind test session. The blind test was held at Rich Audio, ITC Permata Hijau. This time, the subject was Single Ended Amplifier. All were DIY products (except the SAC, made in Thailand). We have 12 contenders this time, divided into 2 classes, small power (less than 5 Watts RMS) and high power (over 5 Watts RMS).
Here’s the contenders.
The other equipments used were:
- Spark CDT15 CD Player (fully modified, op-amp is running in Class A)
- Sonic Frontier SFL-1 Signature Series (also fully modified)
- DIY Speaker with D25 tweeter and Vifa P17 woofer in Transmission Line cabinet (MTM)
- CDP to Pre-amp Interconnect: Oritek X2
- Pre-amp to Amplifier Interconnect: Unsemble Ultraflex
- Speaker Cable: Kimber 8VS